Your morning routine sets the tone for the rest of the day, and making the correct decisions early on can help you live a healthier lifestyle. A protein-rich breakfast is not only a great way to feel awake and alert, but it can also help you achieve your productivity and weight-loss objectives.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, eating a lot of protein first thing in the morning can be beneficial. A low-protein meal can make you feel drowsy, whereas a high-protein breakfast can help the body and brain function properly and keep you attentive. This ensures that you start your day on a positive note and that you meet your job objectives more quickly.
Protein in the morning will help you stay satisfied longer and prevent the mid-morning munchies, which can help you achieve your weight-loss objectives. Manisha Morgan, an evidence-based nutritionist based in the United Kingdom, recommends eating high-protein-rich foods first thing in the morning.
1. Eggs: Eggs are a food that can be used in a variety of ways. Make an omelet, scramble, boil, or poach your eggs. For added protein, extra egg whites can be added. Eggs are high in protein and healthy fats, so they’ll keep you satisfied for a long time.
2. Greek yogurt: When compared to natural yogurt, Greek yogurt has twice the amount of protein per serving. A yogurt parfait can be made by combining berries, honey, and nuts. This is a great “on the go breakfast” if your mornings are hectic. It’s quick and easy to take to work.
3. Protein smoothies: Smoothies are a high-protein, high-fiber breakfast option. For a whopping 25g of protein, add a scoop of protein powder. Add a handful of berries or a banana for added fiber, as well as a spoonful of flaxseeds, chia seeds, or nut butter.
4. Poha: Add some chana daal to your oil and fry for a few minutes before adding your other ingredients to turn this traditionally high-carb meal into a high protein meal. Alternatively, serve with Greek yogurt and scrambled tofu.
5. Pudla: For added protein, combine besan flour with quinoa flour or oat flour. Increasing the protein content by using a range of flours is a good idea. To boost the protein content of your dish, stir in some Greek yoghurt. If you’re short on time in the morning, make a batch of this and keep it in the fridge for up to three days (add a little salt and lemon juice to keep it fresh). Try any of these and you’ll notice a difference in your hunger levels, which can help you lose weight. Enjoy.